I did get some food work done today and that's pretty good!
Cooking colour (yeah, with the added "u", because it's fancy):


Since I had a bit of time on my hands, I made waffle sandwiches for lunch. Scrambled eggs w/ cream cheese, bacon & rosemary potatoes. Hot damn!


I made homemade whipped topping. So easy & so much better than that store-bought crap.


Pie-baking, pie-watching:

Happy ending:


Happy ending:

Mum is coming over tomorrow eve to celebrate the Obama victory, which is why I made pie. Do ya'll know how easy it is to make pie? Simple. It makes you feel like you're a wizard, like you did something pretty complex & magical. I wonder what it feels like to make bread.
Renegade, Renaissance, Radiance & Rosebud
3 comments:
What is that amazing citron knife?? Is it plastic? Sharp?
Those pies are perfect - the crust edges aren't overdone or covered in filling splatter like mine. Really beautiful.
I tried twice this past weekend to bake...and failed miserably twice. Although I successfully made pizza dough last week, when I tried to use yeast again, the dough never rose properly. I was trying to make cinnamon rolls. But you know I still ate them, all hard and crusty and unrisen.
How awesome would it be for your secret service code name to be Renaissance? I heart Michelle.
Last night I followed a recipe for spaghetti squash. It was a disgusting failure and I threw it all away. It's been a minute for a culinary disaster. I'm totally getting a Weedeater wrap today.
That knife is a TJ Maxx score! It's like any knife, just green. It is sharp!
I, too, love Michelle. We discussed last night how much she is giving up for her husband's presidency. She was accomplished before she met him, you know? At one point in their careers, she was his mentor. I appreciate the mom side of Michelle, but she's one hell of a woman. I hope she actually isn't as tame a First Lady as they're predicting. Otherwise, it'd be a waste of talent.
Ha ha to still eating food that you made that isn't in it's top form. GUILTY!
Post a Comment